COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT
Studley Park Kindergarten (SPK) is a community kindergarten relying on volunteer parents from the kindergarten community to run the kindergarten’s operations
Parents and guardians of children attending SPK automatically become members of Studley Park Kindergarten Parents’ Association Inc. The Committee of Management for the Association is made up of volunteer parents from the kindergarten community who are elected at the Annual General Meeting in November each year.
The Committee of Management is responsible for running the business of the kindergarten. This includes financial control of the kindergarten, purchasing equipment, maintenance of the building and grounds, managing enrolments, fee collection, and organising social events and fundraising activities
The Committee operates within a framework set out by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD). The Committee operates in accordance with the Constitution and Rules of Studley Park Kindergarten Parents’ Association Inc.
The Committee of Management positions for 2017 are:
* President: Evelyn Chin (Blue Group parent)
* Vice President (Bestchance liaison): Tanya Lintzeris (Blue Group parent)
* Treasurer: Susie Clarke (Yellow Group parent)
* Secretary: Larissa Pricolo (Yellow Group parent)
* Enrolment Officer: Meaghan Clements (Yellow Group parent)
* Maintenance Officer: Ian Wilson (Yellow Group parent)
* Fees and Accounts Payable Officer: Darren Koh (Blue Group parent)
* Events Officer: Eleena Tan (Blue Group parent)
* Fundraising Officer: Rebecca Davies (Yellow Group parent)
Parents also fill the below non-Committee roles:
* Grants Applications: Seraphine Kusar (Blue Group parent)
* Newsletter Editor and Website Manager: Amy Lau (Yellow group parent)
* Blue Group Representative: Tina Yu (Blue Group parent)
* Yellow Group Representative: Susie Clarke (Yellow Group parent)
BESTCHANCE CLUSTER MANAGEMENT
Since February 2014, Studley Park Kindergarten has engaged bestchance Child Family Care as its cluster management organisation. Bestchance is now the Approved Provider for SPK’s kindergarten service and is also the employer of our staff, who were previously employed directly by the Committee of Management.
The purpose of kindergarten cluster management is to relieve the pressure on families involved in the operation of a kindergarten and to provide the expertise and resources to support meeting regulatory requirements and provision of quality services. Educators benefit from professional support and advice to build upon their strengths and to extend their skills and knowledge.
As Approved Provider, bestchance is responsible for ensuring that each kindergarten provides a program within the guidelines of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and Law and DEECD funding requirements.
The Kindergarten Cluster Management scheme was initiated and funded by the Department of Education and Training (DET) to relieve the pressure on volunteer kindergarten committees. With the introduction of The National Quality Framework underpinned by the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations, bestchance also has a particular focus on supporting educators to deliver quality programs within regulatory guidelines.